12.18.2010

'Twas the week before Christmas...

'Twas the week before Christmas
and strewn 'round our house 
were half finished presents and wrappings throughout.
The glue gun was ready, my Silhouette primed, 
the only thing lacking, was a little more time.

This weekend would hold my final real chance,
to finish these projects before the "Big Dance."
I brought out the paper, the bags and the wrap,
my tired eyes yearned for a long winter's nap.

When out in the den there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter!
When, what to my furious eyes should appear,
A new-fallen tree; two cats trembling with fear.


More rapid than eagles they flew to their bed,
to hide from the Queen who called for their head.
The room was a wreck, surely Christmas was doomed,
Hubby grabbed for the towels, and threw me the broom.
Through whimpers and tears, we cleaned up the mess, 
how we would fix this was anyone's guess.
Needles and hooks and many glass splinters,
The worst mess we've had in a great many winters.



The snowman De-Grahamed! Limbs amputated!
But Morty and Ferdie survived, we were elated!
 

The tree was back upright, tied up to the wall,
The oraments were glued, except for this ball.


Christmas was saved, with minimal cost,
In the end, no precious decorations were lost.
Hubby heard me exclaim as I turned out the light,
"Don't wait up, I'll work through the night!"

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! That is so not fun! Glad the ornaments with memories behind them are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written! Your poor things, I'm glad you didn't lose any of the good stuff!
    My husband walked past our tree and decided he would feel one of the baubles to see if it was plastic, needless to say it was one of my very old vintage GLASS baubles, ( i only had 2).....it's now in a millions shattered pieces! I was NOT impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative!!

    Come enter for a free paper bead necklace from Heart Strings for Orphans!

    http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-that-give-back-heart-strings.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the poem! However, I am so sorry to hear about the mess. Glad to hear the ornaments that meant a lot, were not destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your tree!! But I'm SO HAPPY that Morty & Ferdie made it through that!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!