12.27.2010

Fastest Angel Costume Ever

At 4 pm: 

"Jackie, I need an angel costume by tonight"

The 6 year old I watch needed an angel costume for his school play. No problem...except, I had to work with whatever we had on hand because there wasn't enough time to get anything else by that evening.

Challenge ACCEPTED.

Halo: Silver pipe cleaners and sparkly string. Score.


Wings:  Wire coat hangers and white stockings. You can also give a light coat of spray paint to make them whatever color you need.



Robe: White sheet. I only had a fitted sheet available so I cut off all the elastic and rounded the edges. I measured his head, cut a hole, then rolled up where his arms needed to go. I cut slits to make the arm holes and hot glued the edges together because my sewing machine was at home.


I'd say it's a pretty sweet costume for the hour I had to make it! I even found some silver garland for his sash and to cover the metal coat hanger.



TADA!

7 comments:

  1. That turned out so good for being a last minute project! Very handsome angel! Thanks for linking this up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great fast costume. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added this project and thumbnail to our site and linked to you. We are looking for more Christmas project as well as other projects, so if you have any similar projects please feel free to let me know.
    Julia
    jlitz@primecp.com
    Editor, www.AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Like Julia, I just linked to this great tutorial from my site:

    http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Halloween-Costumes/One-Hour-Angel-Costume

    Please let me know if it's okay to link to your projects like this in the future.

    Thanks!
    Rachel
    rbernstein (at) primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I also just linked to this project from my holiday crafts website. You can view it here:

    http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Halloween-Costumes/One-Hour-Angel-Costume

    Please let me know if it's ok with you if I link to your projects like this in the future.

    Thanks!
    Rachel
    rbernstein (at) primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    We have added this project to our site, AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com. Please let me know if we have permission to add more of your projects to our site. Thank you so much!!

    Best,
    Danielle
    dperlin@primecp.com
    Editor for www.AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was great! Way to go! it takes a lot foe me to give someting a tumbs up and this was it!


    thank you for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!