12.28.2010

Homemade Hot Cocoa

Did anyone else have an awesome snow storm this weekend?? We sure did! But because of the wind, there are places with 1 inch of snow and others with more than 12...so weird! If you look out of our back door, the snow is over 3 feet high, but over the huge mound is no more than 5-6 inches.



My FIL and Hubs posing after a few runs down the hill. 


This little guy missed the "migration" memo.
He was hiding in a drain pipe and was very upset with all the wind!

I think maybe he needed some homemade hot cocoa...mmmm.


This recipe was given to me by a woman at my church a few years ago and I have made it every year since. It's a super simple recipe that can be made ahead of time and heated as you go. I usually make a batch, share a mug with SP and put the rest in a 2 qt container in the fridge...that way, we can heat it up whenever we feel like a cup of chocolate yumminess :-) 

The best part about this recipe is that it is fairly light and low in sugar...particularly for how rich it is. I usually cut mine with skim milk or add a few tablespoons of eggnog (depending on how sweet I'm feeling that day)

Homemade Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

1 (14oz) can of Sweetened Condensed Milk, I use Fat Free
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/8 tsp Salt
6 1/2 cups hot water




Combine first 4 ingredients in a large sauce pan, add water, stir. Heat through and serve with cute little marshmallows and a good book.   :-)


Thanks for visiting!
:-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh DARN! All I have is the regular, not fat-free, condensed milk. I guess I will have to suffer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made homemade hot chocolate before but I think I will have to try it soon. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!