12.08.2010

Child Friendly Christmas Crafts

It almost looks like Christmas in our apartment and my parents' house...almost. We'll finish this weekend and then I'll share some photos :-)

As we were bringing out the ornaments to decorate the tree, I found some cute toddler/preschool age craft ideas and thought I would share! Please ignore the quality of the photos...my camera was having a really hard time in the twinkling light of the tree. (Oh well!)

(Oh and look at our adorable helper! Ok, he wasn't much help...)


Mini Stocking made from felt and beads. Easy. Cute. Classic. 


 Clothes Pin Rudolph! Love this one.


Gingerbread Man made from felt, beads, and ribbon.


And this one is too cute! Light Bulb Rudolph! 



I love that my mom has so many of our ornaments from when we were little. It's so much fun to take them out and talk about years past. I think that decorating the tree is one of my favorite days of the entire year! And here is a photo of my all time favorite ornament...I know it's kind of lame, but as the girliest of all girly girls, this little house captured the heart of the wannabe domestic diva in my 5 year old self. :-)


I love the little Christmas tree in the living room! Isn't it precious?! Though I never understood why it has snow on it....

Come back tomorrow for my first Christmas cookies of the season! 
Eggnog Thumbprints! 

6 comments:

  1. So cute, love all the ornaments. I like rudolph, and your helper, he he.

    Oh and I am your newest follower, so now you only have 17 more to go. :)

    Girl, come on over say hello, and enter that giveaway girl, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of making ornaments from felt! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable ornaments!
    Thanks for linking this up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! Isn't funny how those "helpers" think they need to be under-foot or in the middle of things to be helpful??
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. In years past very often the live Christmas trees in houses had "snow" to decorate their boughs. Not sure what it was made from - it was mixed from "household" ingredients and went on wet, then dried and looked like snow. Ask Aunt Jodie if she remembers -- I think Uncle Rick's mom use to do it. They also sold snow in a can that worked -- I remember my mom using that a couple years on our tree in the 60's... <3 Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. We featured you over at Sassy Sites for our kid craft party! Come by and check it out!! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/2010/12/more-christmas-crafts-for-kids.html

    xoxo Marni

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!