9.30.2010

So many projects, so little time.

When I was in high school, I loved to sew. I had an awesome Home Economics teacher who always made time for me after school to "mentor" me in the subject and provide me with endless ideas and advice. For a while, I did several projects and really began to strengthen my skills. After graduation, I went to college and didn't do much sewing, or any at all really. When I got married, I continually said I wanted to relearn, but working full-time and going to school doesn't really allow for a lot of free time.

Well, now that I am on a "Master's vacation" and have a bit of time on my hands while the hubs works on his newest certificate, I decided to try and pick it up again. I had planned to start small, a pillow or a blanket, maybe. You know, something with straight lines. (hehe) Apparently, that wasn't good enough. ;-)

In the next month, I need to make three costumes:

One of these:



One of these:



And of course, who doesn't need one of these??


So much for starting small.
I guess I better get moving! 
Wish me luck, I'll be sure to post as I {hopefully} make progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!