9.09.2010

Every hike needs cookie dough balls

Labor Day weekend has come and gone, which means that it is almost Autumn! I cannot wait for the beautiful leaves, crisp air and warm soups! I'm trying to stay "in the now" and enjoy the last few weeks of summer weather and longer days, but it's so hard with things like pumpkin muffins and gingerbread lattes so close I can smell them! Our weekend was packed with family, fun, and a surprising amount of relaxation. I {heart} three day weekends! 

Saturday we went for a fabulous hike with SP's family. (This is a photo of my SIL and her BF)


Sunday, my family came over for a tasty picnic and a few rounds of "Kubb" 



(Thanks to my In-laws for lending us the game!)                          (Photo: Colorado Kubb)

Since I was playing hostess, I only have a few pictures, but this one is too adorable not to share. I heard some noises in my bedroom and when I went to see what it was, I found a giggling Avra "hiding" on my bed. My mom said she looked like that scene from ET. So cute. 





Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking..."Enough talking, you promised cookies!  

Remember when your mom/grandma made chocolate chip cookies and let you have just a little bite of the dough? It was SO yummy, but you couldn't have any more because "it has raw egg in it that will make you sick, sweetie." I remember that it was always the sleepover dream to make a big bowl of cookie dough and eat it with a spoon. Mmmm. 

Well, the day has come when men, women, and children can stuff themselves with uncooked dough without a passing thought of Salmonella! Hooray! These little balls of deliciousness are seriously phenomenal. SP and my little bro both declared them to be the single best dessert I have ever made. Well then, if that is not enough incentive for you to run into the kitchen and whip up a batch right now, I don't know what is! 



Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

(By Love and Olive Oil, adapted by Wingledings)
ingredients
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
dark chocolate for coating
directions
Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Cover and chill in freezer until firm enough to pick up.
Form dough into 1″ balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.
Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted. Using a toothpick, dip cookie balls into chocolate to cover. Twist toothpick to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set. Don't worry about storage, you won't need it! 

Though I loved this recipe, I cannot help but think there may be a better one out there. I'm interested in trying one from the Food Network...I'm sure SP wouldn't mind being my taste-tester again. It's a hard job, but someone has to do it! ;-)
Thanks for visiting! 

4 comments:

  1. These look soooo good. Im following you now...too many cute ideas, cant wait to read more.



    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I am going to feature it on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please! This is going on my Tutorials to do page!!!

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!