7.05.2011

Baked Kale Chips

This year I have tried to focus on healthy eating and so far I've been doing well! (Parties don't count, right??) I'm a snacker, so I've spent a lot of time trying to find healthy, satisfying snacks. I had been wanting to make the Kale Chips for a while now, and finally got around to it! They are definitely not the "chip substitute" they claim to be, but they are an interesting, salty, and munchable snack...that's what I was going for. I'm not a big chip eater, but I love salty pretzels. These were a little bitter, but had a neat texture. Definitely worth trying.

 

Crispy Kale Chips

Recipe by: Melissa d'Arabian

 Ingredients

  • 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used a Misto so it was quite a bit less oil)
  • Sea salt, for sprinkling

Directions

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes. Serve as finger food. 



 * * My only suggestion would be to keep an eye on these little guys..you don't want them to brown or they won't be as tasty.

1 comment:

  1. that looks great.... i will have to give it a try.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!