My husband LOVES breakfast.
He would eat a "weekend" breakfast every morning if he could.
When we first got married, we tried to carry on with the tradition, but truthfully it doesn't fit with our lifestyle at the moment. Maybe once we have kids and we're up anyway...but for now, we enjoy the extra hour of sleep. So to compromise, we decided that each year we will do breakfast brunch on the weekend after the person's birthday.
Well, friends, this weekend's brunch is all about me :-)
Yesterday was my 25th.
That number doesn't seem real to me. I know 25 is not old by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly feels like it to me right now! Honestly, I suppose I just thought my life would be different by this point...but I am learning to trust in God's timing and accept that I am not in control.
Ok, ok. Very, very slowly...but I'm working on it :-)
Anyway, so want to know what I'll be having Saturday morning??
(Recipe: Emeril Lagasse)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Lingonberry jam
- Beat the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the milk mixture, stirring to make a thin batter, being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the melted butter.
- Grease each round cup in the pan with oil. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into each of the greased cups and cook until bubbles form on the top, about 1 minute. Turn with a spatula and cook on the second side until golden, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with lingonberry jam.
So in honor of my birth, make some of these this weekend!
Or come on over to my house and I'll share!