8.15.2012

Sassy Cilantro Salad

I don't know what's sassy about it...but it's catchy, isn't it? And OH. MY. GOSH is it tasty!

This is one of my favorite foods. Hands down. It's fresh, flavorful, and fast! I'm just full of alliteration today! (alliterations? hmmmm)  While most of the ingredients are not ones you commonly have on hand, they are easy to find and inexpensive. Still a win in my book.

Look at that. It's a thing of beauty, don't you think?



Wanna know how to make it? I know you do.

Sassy Cilantro Salad
Ingredients:

1 bag cole slaw mix with carrots
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup green onions, sliced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 can sweet corn, drained
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup sugar, Splenda, or equivalent amount of sweetener of your choice

Directions:

1. Toss all vegetables together in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Mix vinegar and sweetener in a small bowl and pour over salad.
3. Toss to combine.
4. Serve immediately or chill. For best results, chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!