If there was one treat I wish I could eat...all the time...for no calories...it would be raw chocolate chip cookie dough. mmm At my friend's college, they served partially baked cookie dough in little parchment wrappers...I was always jealous! Last year I found an awesome egg-less cookie dough recipes that I used in truffles and for snacking purposes, but I always wondered how it would taste on a cupcake. Now, if I'm being honest, this recipe is not as good as the eggless cookie dough, but it is really yummy and tastes super great on graham crackers...just saying! I want to try and thin out my other recipe and use that as frosting, but I haven't gotten a chance yet. Don't worry, it will happen.
Cross my heart.
For now, let me share:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
*This makes a LOT of frosting, I halved it and it worked fine*
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until creamy.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.
- Frost the filled cupcakes as desired, sprinkling with mini chocolate chips and topping with mini chocolate chip cookies for decoration.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I put a piece of cookie dough in the batter before I baked them. It was pretty awesome, but next time, I will fill the cupcake with raw cookie dough. It was lost a little by baking it.
Don't hate me :)