2.15.2011

Strawberry Cream Puffs

I was reminded this weekend of the power of simple joys. Sometimes I feel I get so wrapped up in the difficulties, the obstacles to overcome, that I forget to just breathe. 
Hubby and I celebrated Valentine's Day a little early this year.
 He had a whole day planned out for us. 

Cinnamon buns for breakfast.

A trip to a cute little candy store in town.



Then over to an unfinished furniture store to see what treasures we could find. 
Home for a special dinner.
And our Valentine's Day tradition of watching Stardust.
(An unknown classic that you should check out if you have never seen it!).

I love you Peter. 
Thank you for planning a simple, sweet day for us to share.

It was picture perfect in my book. 

Right down to the dessert....

Strawberry Cream Puffs
 

 I found this recipe here. I only used half of it and it made 6 large shells.
 Ingredients

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup water
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs 
 
Procedure

Preheat oven to 425. In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.

Once the shells are cool, fill with whipped cream and sliced berries. Serve quickly to avoid soggy shells!

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely sweet day it sounds like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious! I love cream puffs and eclairs. Any suggestions re: how far in advance you could make the puffs...and when they should be filled? My son has requested these for his rehearsal dinner...for 60!
    Thanks,
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!